On the progressive cinema movement in India
Posted December 14, 2009on:
Madhur Bhandarkar’s idea of the ultimate depth of moral decadence – sleeping with a black man.
Stages of Priyanka’s moral dissipation
- Priyanka Chopra, a nice small town girl from Chandigarh (LIES!!), is corrupted by the corrupt world of Fashion, and treats her former true friends like dirt.
- Falling further through the moral stratosphere, she starts smoking and drinking (chee chee).
- Continuing on her downward moral spiral, she starts going to parties.
- Just when you thought she couldnt get any more immoral she starts taking drugs.
- The ULTIMATE in moral hell – she sleeps with a black man (looks like a kabila dancer)(working in roadies promos these days)
- Since it cant get any worse, she starts recovering moral ground.
Madhur Bhandarkar’s idea of realism – A bunch of drivers at a funeral “madam dil ki bahut acchi thi. bhagwan acche logon ko apne paas kyon bula leta hai“. A bunch of rich ladies at the funeral “meri nayi designer mourning Sari kaisi lagi? accha hua mar gayi, kaafi time se koi marr nahi raha tha pehen-ne ka mauka nahi mil raha tha“.
Anurag Kashyap’s idea of realism – Girls saying “choooooootiye” and “harami“. Characters with callous eyes whose sentences never have more than 5 words.
Farhan Akhtar’s idea of realism – Record all dialogues in a closed bathroom for the muffled echoing sound, with the flush in the background. Nothing else need change.